News hitting hot and heavy this morning surrounding Cre•scen•do, label signing, touring and immediate plans. Here is what’s known, in a nutshell:
- 1. Cre•scen•do has signed to Italian label We Were Never Being Boring (WWNBB), home of international stars Be Forest. They have planned the follow-up to 2014 Album of the Year Contender Lost Thoughts, expected to be released June 2 of 2015.
- 2. They’ve organized and promoted the first-ever DreamGaze Festival in Southern California on Friday 6 March, about 30 minutes’ drive outside LA, and featuring Be Forest, Tennis System, Cre•scen•do, Sheer, and Young Lovers, plus local DJs and music luminaries.
- 3. Cre•scen•do plays their SXSW debut on March 21st at L ROCK ATX OVERLOAD FESTIVAL.
- 4. A West Coast tour planned for late June, supporting and supported by some of the best bands the West Coast has to offer (as well as DJ Heretic of DKFM).
- 5. A European tour in October.
We sat down with Gregory Cole of Cre•scen•do for more details about SoCal’s first-ever DreamGaze Festival.
DKFM: How did the idea for DreamGaze Fest come about?
Gregory: I’ve always had dreams for years of my favorite genres of dreampop, shoegaze and post punk to have genre-exclusive festivals. I also would do whatever it would take to get my favorite bands to headline it, near and far, so this brand is definitely being built for longevity. I think a lot of people who truly enjoy this music as much as I do would be eager to celebrate it as well. Most importantly we want nothing more buy metronidazole online canada than for the genre to flourish & grow. So whatever it will take, we will continue to be working well within our community to develop and support both its artists and fans.
DKFM: What do you hope to accomplish by bringing THIS group of artists together?
Gregory: You know I love everyone on this bill, and I want nothing but the best for everyone I meet. Obviously I’ve been keeping a personal connection with everyone and we’ve all been working together as a team to support each other in every and any aspect. I honestly feel like I’m playing a mega-lineup festival with all of my friends, even though it’s honestly much more than that. I want the world for them, and won’t stop until they have it.
DKFM: Do you see this as a one-off festival, or is it the start of something bigger for the LA area?
Gregory: I’ve been throwing events for years now. Everyone who knows me can expect me to always do my best whether it’s on our level of friendship or when I put together an event for everyone to enjoy. I don’t let people down and I can guarantee this Friday is the start of something very very big, with Friday being incredibly big itself.
Southern California’s DreamGaze Fest is Friday, March 6th, and only those who’ve RSVP’ed can get in. If you’re anywhere NEAR SoCal, you’ll want to reserve your spot. A show THIS massive doesn’t happen every day, or even every year.